Monday, December 29, 2014

How to Get Back to Healthy Eating After the Holidays

Who else ate lots of treats and good food over the holidays? I did!! Way more treats than I would advise someone else to indulge in.  I will totally admit, I ate more treats than I should during Christmas week. However, I know that it was only one week. I don't need to let it derail me from any of my fitness or health goals. I can get right back on that horse!!

In times past, I would have thought "Well, I already ate like crud for a few days. I might as well continue on this week too. Enjoy the whole holiday season without worrying about it." Then, what would happen? Each week would roll into one more-until 6 months went by without me realizing it. That merry-go-round can go round and round forever if we let it. We tell ourselves that it is too late to start now. If we made a New Year's resolution, and ate a candy bar on January 3rd. We don't need to tell ourselves that we have already failed and give up. Each day is a chance to start over again. We don't actually fail until we stop trying. Then, we not only fail on our goal-we fail on ourselves. We are telling ourselves that we aren't even worth trying for.


Here is a smoothie recipe that I love that I will be making this week. Please feel free to join me.


 Popeye Smoothie 

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup aloe vera juice
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 scoop protein powder of choice (I love chocolate)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup raw spinach 
Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!

I have decided to start now with healthy eating. I don't have to wait until January 1st. It really isn't that hard. It doesn't mean that we have to be perfect. (I am addicted to chocolate and tortilla chips). Who else is ready to eat healthier after the holidays?

I started at the beginning once too. Not knowing what to do or where to start. I understand how that feels. Please let me know if you would like any help or advice because you don't know where to start or the thought of it leaves you overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment