Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Easy Overnight Oats

Sometimes making breakfast in the morning is hard. I don't always have time for cooking. It really is important though to eat a good breakfast because it sets up your metabolism for the day. So, one of my favorite grab and go recipes is Overnight Oats. I can make it the night before and it's ready in the morning. I will often make five of them to set me up for the week.

Overnight Oats

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds

 Mix everything all together and store in the refrigerator. You can add diced apple, or top with blackberries or strawberries (one of my favorites!) You can also add unsweetened shredded coconut and use unsweetened coconut milk in place of the almond milk. A scoop of protein powder can be added for extra protein. The possibilities are really endless for variations! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment