Monday, October 27, 2014

Review of P90X: Workout 1 Chest/Back












I have decided to give P90X a go again. It has been quite some time since I did that program. I always get excited about my next new program, and the old ones get pushed to the back of the shelf. It’s sad, because they are still fabulous programs and they don’t get the attention they deserve. So, Tony and I shall get to know each other again. I will miss Sagi the Beast as I love him (don’t worry- my husband knows, it’s ok) but he and I will see each other again in a few months.

So, workout of the day today was Chest/Back. I am used to using a lot of weights. I forgot how many different variations of pushups Tony was able to come up with. Holy chest muscles, batman! I want to say that my pull up bar hasn’t seen this much action in a while, but that would be a lie. I did pull-ups with the Beast as well. However, Tony came up with quite a few variations on the classic.

I did have to use my pushup stands, as my wrists tend to give me issues when I do too much on them. Sometimes I think the pushup stands make a workout harder than it otherwise would have been. So, this workout is mostly pushups and pull-ups with all sorts of variations on the theme. There are a couple of weighted excercises, but it felt weird not using more weights. I had become accustomed to using them much more. I was very proud of myself on the divebomber pushups. I was able to complete them with really good form. Score for me.

Tomorrow, I will meet Tony again for cardio plyometrics. I am so used to Insanity, Turbofire, and Combat- so I am looking forward to finding out what I think about this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment