Tuesday, October 28, 2014

P90X review: Plyometrics




P90X review: Plyometrics


I have to be honest, I really didn’t feel like working out today, but that is another post. Today was plyometrics. I am used to Turbofire and Insanity. When I started off, I thought “ this is easy. Great workout for a day that I don’t feel like working out.” Famous last words.

Starts off in usual warm-up, followed by stretching. Then, there are variations of lunges, squats and yep. You guessed it, jumping. There is always a modifier though if that is necessary or wanted by you. By 20 minutes in, I was dripping with sweat and wondering why I thought this was going to be easy. There are 30-second water breaks after every round, which of course could be lengthened by pausing if necessary. And who could forget Tony’s jokes?

 All in all, it was a great workout. I could feel it in my legs when I was done. Now? Hours later? I can feel it in my butt, which I know will be talking to me tomorrow. Must be all those jump squats and frog jumps. At least I have seven days before doing it again. I’m sure by then I will forget how hard it was and think, “this is easy.” Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment